Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Lonely Crusader


I, for one, can make a difference.
And I will make it.

Because, I owe it to one thing.
To one planet.

My planet. The only planet adorned with life.

It is a lone crusade for a lonely planet.


But I will undertake it.

One step at a time as one individual for one thing that counts.

Love.

Love for my Earth and for all the generations about to follow one person.

Me.


Here’s a charter of my journey:

Use one bucket of water to bathe. A half more to wash hair.
Half a flush after half a use.
One mugful to clean the cereals and the same to clean my veggies. ﴾Drain the same into a flower pot.﴿
Washing clothes once a week.
Using clothes more than once before washing them. ﴾Sterilize them in air and UV- best sterilizer for clothes.﴿
Cook with the lid on the vessel and flame on sim once the water/milk boils.
Soak the cereals overnight or at least for sometime.
No standby for the electronics. They are switched off when not in use.
Comp screen off when not in use for some time.
Use ambient light to work, read, shoot.
Carry my own cloth bag for shopping.
Commute by public transport and rail.
Receive e-bills.
Mop the floor. No daily wash for it.
Wasting drinking water is sacrilege.
Use bucket water to clean the utensils. No flowing water.
Turn the tap off between usages.
Repair the leaks asap.
Use hanky not tissue paper.
Make optimum use of available resources.

xxxxxxxxx

1 comments:

Rajeev Kumar Jha said...

Kash sab tumhari tarah sochne lage.... ye dharti fir se muskurane lage...

1 comment:

  1. I join you in you thoughts....

    As these are my thoughts and actions too.

    ReplyDelete

Live Life King Size

Make the most of now. And, remember that life is too short to be mad at something or someone.