Tuesday, June 9, 2015

THE PURCHASE

“Papa I want 25 pounds”

“What for?”, questioned the irate father who found it difficult to make ends meet in this new country which had earlier seemed to hold a dream of golden future for him.

“Papa, there was this renowned author who’d come to our school and his books are on offer. So if I buy 2 of his books worth 25 pounds I get one of his books for free, autographed by him.”

The father was even more furious to know that the little menace was spending on luxuries.

“Books by a renowned author hunh? Why don’t you break open your piggy bank and fund your own purchase. You get your own pocket money every month for trivial issues like this then why bother me? Just fund your own purchase.” Thundered the father.

“Ok papa,” she said and went away with a spring in her steps.

She then broke open her piggy bank and funded her own purchase.

Later on reflection and introspection the father found his anger much unfounded.

“She asked for books and I sued her away. Books inculcate good values in kids and they therefore are the responsibilities of parents so it is I who should be buying books for her.”

“I’ll give back the 25 pounds to her,” he told his wife.

The mom rushed to give the piece of good news to the little girl.


“No mama, it’s ok. Papa was right; I must use my own pocket money for my own purchases because if papa has to pay for things like these he will have to cut down on his own pocket money, right? So, ask him not to worry about that purchase,”she said as she happily played away her Casio.

1 comment:

  1. am so glad you are back to writing....so touched by your topic...so stumped by your sensitivity ...you are an awesome mother ...let it prevail upon you ....

    ReplyDelete

Live Life King Size

Make the most of now. And, remember that life is too short to be mad at something or someone.